Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My experiment with truth

My experiment with truth
This world is strange one has to smile when he should cry. Even with greatest heart breaks people have to show as if everything is all right. You cannot show your problems or else you would be a laughing stock in front of others. This world is so strange that you often found yourself at the receiving end with people waiting to add salt to your wounds. Whom you trust the most, more often they are the ones who force you to see the worst of days. You will hardly see a soul who is happy from within here I am with one of my writing where I myself will interview one of my friend who claims himself to be happy. I have deliberately hidden the identity of the person for obvious reasons…
Me: everyone claim to be happy. Today I am with a close friend of mine where I will reveal how happy he is and what he claims to be.
Me: so you claim yourself to be happy?
Friend: happiness is a correlative word I am single and happy.
Me: so you are happy because you are single?
Friend: I told you it’s a correlative word…I am not happy because I am single or the other way round but the point is I am single and happy which in itself is self explanatory.
Me: so you also claim to be single?
Friend: if you don’t have any girl around with you, I suppose people call them to be single.
Me: quite right…let me take you to an incidence which occurred few years back…which holds true even today…
Friend: which incidence are you talking about?
Me: around 5 years ago…you came to my house and you called a girl to know about your home’s landline number.
Friend: yup she was a close friend of mine and we had recently been shifted to that new place so I didn’t know the phone number.
Me: if I am not mistaken you knew the girl hardly for few months and you knew her phone number but not your own… don’t you think it’s strange?
Friend: people tend to remember the numbers they dial…tell me who dials his own landline number?
Me: people don’t dial their own number… I am taking you to one of the recent happenings… recently you were without your cell and were querying me about your dad’s no…but when I asked you, do you remember any number…you came up with 03325920218, 9433050198, 9432166698 isn’t these the number of that close friend of yours with whom you have not met for more than 4 years?
Friend: she was my life…she has gone far away from me…but I am happy.
Me: don’t you think it’s unusual that you don’t remember your dad’s number but you still remember the numbers which I am sure doesn’t exist anymore?
Friend: yup those numbers doesn’t exist…but it’s not any issue I am single and happy.
Me: you are single quite right…but can you explain why do you go to temple on 24th august every year?
Friend: I am god fearing person and I often go to temple…what if I go to temple on 24th august
Me: have you ever gone to temple on your parent’s birthday…or in that case…do you go to temple on your birthday?
Friend: I live with my parents 24*7 so I don’t have to go to temple to pray for them. And I don’t believe in praying for myself that’s why I go to temple to pray for the happiness of my dream girl.
Me: you just said you are single then why do you go and pray for her?
Friend: yes I am single as she is no more in my life…I pray for her happiness so that wherever she may be… god may part all her problems to me and give all the happiness from my life to her…so that she may be happy.
Me: you still claim yourself to be single?
Friend: then what should I call to myself committed to someone who doesn’t exist in my life anymore? I am single and happy.
Me: great…I have one more query…if you are single then why do you keep that girl’s photo in your wallet? I think you are carrying that photo for 6 years now…you don’t even carry your parent’s photo. All you carry is MAA KALI’S photo, SAI BABA’S photo and the photo of that girl probably from school magazine of class 11.
Friend: she is no more with me…so I carry her photo so that whenever I miss her I may be able to see her face.
Me: so you do…miss her…but why do you show to the entire world that you are happy when you are not?
Friend: you know there is no point discussing about your failures…and no one is interested about your failures…if you could be happy in spite of all which you lost everyone will look up to you…
Me: point to be noted…is there any wish you want to fulfill?
Friend: I want to see her for once.
Me: wish I could fulfill your wish. If I wouldn’t have seen you going to the temple that day…I would have never known that you still pray for her.
Friend: life is strange…you have to live with what you get in life.
Me: you know hardest moment is not when you lose something and tears come out of your eyes, but it is when you lose something and still manage to smile.
Friend: you know people have started taunting me if I ever speak about her…I have become a laughing stock in front of everybody.
Me: I can understand your feelings…I can suggest you one thing instead of hurting yourself with those silent tears you could share it with your close friends…you will be relaxed.
Friend: when I was speaking about laughing stock did you think I was publicly displaying my emotions…it’s the friends who make mockery of me.
Me: everyone is not the same…its madness to hate all the roses because you got scratched by one thorn… To give up all your dreams because one didn’t come true…to lose faith in god because one prayer wasn’t answered…to give up all your efforts because one of them failed…to condemn all your friend because one betrayed you…not to believe in love because someone broke a promise & left…
Friend: wish it was just one friend…but it isn’t the case with me…I could have lived with my love gone away with me but one after one everyone is turning their back on me.
Me: a famous saying says…it’s better to have one good friend then having thousand of fake ones. Don’t look at those who left you but count on those who are still with you…and with the grace of god you still have many around you who are better than anybody else.
Friend: yup… I am really grateful to all those who have stood by my side when I really needed one.
Me: the relation between one heart and another heart is called love but the relation between heart and heart beat is called friendship…you should consider yourself lucky that you still have friends right from your childhood days…
Friend: yeah…you made me feel better…whenever I think about all those friends I have, my worries of losing a false friend wipes off.
Me: I know nobody is happy…everybody has some or the other problems…but whenever you are troubled by one problem look the other side of it…see how grateful you are that you are blessed with so many happiness…I am sure you would find happiness in the worst of miseries.
Friend: you know I really feel happy in spite of being stranded as single.
Me: I am happy I could see those familiar smiles of yours which I am sure you must have forgotten yourself… you know you don’t look good when you are tense…
Friend: god knows where we will be in future but I will always remember your words…
Me: I believe in one thing…’friends are like sketch pens they color your lives, I may not be the favorite color, but still I would be needed someday to complete my friends life’s picture.’ If I could brighten one’s life and change a crying face into a smiling cheek my work is done…
Friend: you are really a good person I am privileged to have you as my friend…
Me: you were worrying about future…it’s quite possible that we may not be able to see each other in future…but whenever you are tensed spend few seconds talking to yourself the way you chatted with me…you will always find my words sprawling within you…and you will find happiness in your heart.
Friend: it seems you are a magician…all these days I was pretending to be happy without actually being happy..You were the one who could find happiness within me.
Me: you know avoidance from the close ones hurts the most and aloneness is the biggest punishment you can give to yourself. I am sure with all those friends you have you will never feel alone…and as far as your love is concerned you should feel proud of yourself…with all the avoidance and hatred you have to face you only gave your blessings and love in return.
Friend: I am not as great as you consider me to be…
Me: a person who prays for forgoing all his happiness in return wants only sorrows from his love is a great person. Can you name a single person who would trade happiness for sorrow?
Friend: don’t praise me so much…life would not have been so harsh on me if I were so good.
Me: every person has to face hardship…don’t think it’s only you who have to face this, all those who are in the path of goodwill has to face a similar problem. Don’t break away or give up, I don’t guarantee you happy life ahead but one thing is sure you will leave this earth happily, all the tears you have shed for others they are the ones who will be crying for you…
Friend: I have only one sentence for you…’wish every person on this earth could have you as a friend then nobody would be left alone feeling depressed in life’
Me: thanks buddy…you know friendship is like a tree it isn’t measured on how tall it could be but on how deep the roots are…it can also be compared with the diary which takes few seconds to burn but years to write so write it carefully and never let it burn…keep all the pages safe, your diary would never be complete…with even a single page missing…hopefully you realize what I am speaking…anyways it was nice talking to you…would be coming up to you soon till then take care of yourself. Bye.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
No person is happy no matter how rich or wealthy he may be. People tend to hide their grief and exhibit a face which is not real. My experiment with truth is actually an effort to bring out the happiness from within. People have become so tense in their lives that they have forgotten to laugh. Every person has the strength to cope with whatever problems they are facing…it only depends on realizing your strengths. You don’t have to show a fake smile to hide your sorrows it only takes to unveil your goodness…you will be happy amidst deepest sorrows. A smile doesn’t cost a penny but not only it keeps you healthy but also makes the people around you feel good about themselves and others. Nobody will remember how you look, how you speak, what you did, but only thing they remember is, how you made them feel. So friends whenever you laugh make sure you are happy from within…and if you are happy the entire world around you will seem happy…have a good day (dated 1st September 2010.)

2 comments:

  1. You know I always believe no one is interested in your pain. It makes no sense showing it to the world. You smile and they believe you are happy... so thats the way :)

    I loved your take as I also believe that people have many things hidden behind those smiling eyes and lips... some untold secrets, stories waiting to be shared with someone whom they can trust..someone who will understand their tears and pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes exactly no one is interested...not only your pain but majority of the people you know aren't even interested in a person itself whether it's sorrow or happiness...but yes...being sad doesn't fetch anything but being happy can sometimes do even the things which are unimaginable...

      Thank you yet again...for appreciating my thinking :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...